1320 East Aultman
Ely, Nevada 89301
Office: (775) 289-8519
Fax: (775) 289-8214
Toll Free: 866-404-5204
Housing Dept. Fax:
Western Region Office
704 W. Nye Lane, Ste. 201
Carson City, Nevada 89703
Office: (775) 461-6320
Fax: (775) 883-0494
1301 S. Highway 160
NSB Building, Second Floor
Pahrump, Nevada 89048
Office: (775) 751-1947
Fax: (775) 751-1933
|Rural Nevada Development Corporation
|Rural Nevada Development Corporation currently administers HOME funds provided by the Nevada Housing Division for Down
Payment Assistance. These funds are eligible to low income, first time homebuyers that are located within *Rural Nevada.
- The maximum deferred loan amount will be determined by applicant's gross annual income, plus eligible closing costs.
- The loan is secured by an interest free loan agreement and a Deed of Trust to the benefit of the State of Nevada Housing
- The deferred loan bears no interest.
- The deferred loan is not forgiven.
- Eligible applicants must carry hazard insurance and flood insurance where applicable to adequately cover all existing loans or
mortgages on the property, including the deferred loan for the duration of the loan. RNDC must be listed on the policy as an
additional loss payee.
- Applicants acknowledge the approval of the DPA program is contingent upon the applicant applying and receiving pre-approval
from a financial lending institution mortgage loan.
- The home must meet HUD Housing Quality Standards (HQS).
- Homes that have been rented within 6 months prior to purchase are not eligible.
- Maximum purchase price must not exceed HUD’s FHA mortgage limit for that area.
- Transaction must go through a Title Company.
- Homes built prior to 1978 must be inspected for lead based paint.
HOME funds are deferred loans, there is no payment required and no interest accrual provided the home remains their primary
residence. Upon sale / transfer of title, the full amount is due and payable.
*Elko, Eureka, Esmeralda, Humboldt, Lander, Lincoln, Nye, and White Pine counties
**additional restrictions may apply to designated areas
RNDC has been awarded an allocation of Low Income Housing Trust Funds (LIHTF) for Down Payment Assistance and Homeowner
Rehabilitation in Rural Clark County. These are deferred loan funds that do not accrue interest and do not require any monthly
payments. Please note that income limits are slightly lower and are as follows:
Gross Annual Income
RNDC will provide funding for Down Payment Assistance based on the following determination:
Eligible closing costs:
In addition to the above listed amounts, closing costs are also eligible for assistance and may include loan origination fees,
appraisal, credit report, title search, escrow fees, document preparation, reserves, and inspection costs. Prepaid items such as
insurance premiums and yearly taxes are not eligible.
Low Income Housing Trust Funds (LIHTF)
Clients receiving LIHTF (depending on availability) are subject to lower income limits. Per the above determination, those with
incomes between 51-60% AMI will receive $10,000.
|Client’s Gross Annual Income
At or Below 50% AMI (Very Low)
Between 51-80% AMI (Low)